Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Flamingo

    This story is more of a 'sign'. A warning of something bad to come. They are real. Signs can be a number of things, but it doesn't mean that your house is haunted.
     When you think of a flamingo, you think of a pink bird with long legs, right? That's not the case sometime ago. It was a flamingo, but it was brown and seeing a flamingo in Virginia, even very rare considering they don't exists in Virginia....as far as I know.
     It was a school day, I remember that much. We (me & my sister) got up earlier than usual because mama was taking us out for breakfast. Outside getting ready to get in the car, we see down by the creek running through our yard, a brown flamingo. We're thunderstruck. We just stand there looking at it. It walks underneath the bridge. We continue to stand there, but the flamingo never comes out. I walk down there, look underneath the bridge and there's nothing there. I shrug to let them know there's nothing there. They don't believe me. I mean we're standing there watching it the whole time. We never took our eyes off. The only exits are in sight. They walk down to the creek and peer under and nothing. Again we're thunderstruck. How can that be?
     We head back to the car with a million questions. We sit there at Dairy Queen discussing it. One of the things is that some days before our rent lady's grandmother fell ill. We took that as a sign. A very bad sign. Few days after the disappearing flamingo, the grandmother dies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment