This little guy gets his name from his translucent abdomen. While this class of frogs is primarily lime green, their bellies, and on some even their backs, are see-through so that their heart, intestines and liver are visible through the thin clear skin. While hanging out in the forest, their unique skin gives them the useful ability to blend right into the leaves.
There are 134 species of glass frogs, all between 1.4 and 3 centimeters, and of that number, 60 are considered threatened. They can be found in rainforests in Central and South America.
Popular Posts
-
The shadowhunters is one of my favorite sagas. Below are the songs that I think fit the characters. I can't wait to reveal my choice o...
-
Think about how you feel when someone you just met remembers your name. I often hear people say, "I'm horrible at names...
-
Sabrina puts her spin on the classic song along side the recent Lily James in the live action Cinderella movie, but Disney Channel Circle of...
-
My penmanship sucks so this is totally relateable. And lets not forget about cursive. That's even worse.
Wednesday, September 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment